The quaint little grist mill on Moonstone Beach Rd. in the Perryville section of South Kingstown, RI was built by Samuel E. Perry in 1703. It became known as Carpenter's Grist Mill after 1874 when the Carpenter family first became owners.
It is a working mill where Rhode Island Whitecap Flint Corn is stone ground by water power. In continuous operation since it was built, it is the only water powered mill currently operating in Rhode Island.
Products of Carpenter's Grist Mill are Carpenter's Jonnycake Meal, Carpenter's Rhode Island Yellow Corn Meal and Carpenter's Rhode Island Clam Cake and Fritter Mix.
In 2012, South Kingstown Land Trust acquired the property and renamed it the Samuel E. Perry Grist Mill.