Built in 1843, the neo-classical style armory is home to the Kentish Guards, who defended East Greenwich from being burned by the British during the Revolutionary War, and its Fife and Drum Corps. Gen. Nathanael Greene, George Washington's second in command, was a member of the company, which was chartered in 1774. National Register of Historic Places. Open by appointment. Free admission.