Site of 1638 trading post established by Roger Williams, Rhode Island’s founder. The structure was burned in King Phillip’s War (1675), Richard Smith rebuilt, and the land flourished as the 18th century Updyke plantation. Award winning restoration reveals 17th century and 18th century construction.Docents in period clothing provide interpretive tours of the house at: noon, 1:00, 2:00, and 3:00 p.m.— Thursdays through Sundays in June, July, and August;
Fridays through Sundays in May, September, and until Mid-October. School and group tours through November.